The performance-oriented SUV has been an exciting segment of automotive history. From the turbocharged Typhoon of the 90s, and the LS2-powered Trailblazer SS, to the modern Jeep SRT-8 and Trackhawk with supercar-like acceleration. Ford has stayed out of this market until now, with their new Explorer ST. Utilizing the venerable 3.0L EcoBoost, this highly tunable rig puts out substantial power.
Using our extensive experience with the EcoBoost lineup of engines, we knew a catch can would be the first project to tackle. The 3.0L EcoBoost’s direct injection improves the combustion process and provides fantastic fuel mileage and power benefits. Unfortunately, this feature also means the intake valves are vulnerable to carbon. As blow-by flows over the intake valves, oil and carbon deposits can build up, impeding airflow and eventually preventing the valves from closing. The best way to treat carbon buildup is to prevent it, and that’s where this Mishimoto Ford Explorer ST catch can kit comes in.
This Mishimoto catch can kit diverts blow-by away from the intake and traps it in our catch can. Inside the can, a set of air turbulators and baffles separate fuel, oil, and water vapors from the crankcase gasses and collects them to be drained next time you change your oil. By not returning the blow-by to your oil pan, our kit prevents fouling of the oil that could reduce its effectiveness, leading to accelerated engine wear. Finally, a sintered bronze filter removes any remaining carbon from the crankcase gases so that only clean air returns to your intake.
The Mishimoto Explorer ST catch can kit is a complete bolt-on blow-by solution including direct-fit hoses with quick-disconnect fittings and all mounting hardware necessary for a hassle-free installation. As with all our products, this kit includes our signature Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
- Direct fit for 2020+ Ford Explorer ST with 3.0L EcoBoost
- Protects intake valves from power-robbing carbon buildup
- Catch can captures blow-by, preventing it from fouling the engine oil
- Patented billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under an hour
- Abrasion guard on lines prevents wear and vacuum leaks
- Direct-fit bracket mounts the catch can away from engine vibration
- Sturdy 3mm-thick steel brackets withstand rough roads and off-road abuse
- Molded hoses designed specifically for the Explorer ST PCV system
- Filters and can are fully serviceable
- Patent # US D884,760 S
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
(1) Direct-Fit Mounting Bracket
(1) 3 fl oz Black, Anodized 6061 Aluminum Catch Can
(2) CNC-Machined Aluminum Barbed Fittings
(2) Hoses w/ Pre-Installed Abrasion Guard
(4) Worm Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty